The first Starbucks location opened in 1971 in Pike Place market in Seattle, WA.
Eleven years later, Howard Schultz was hired by the company to be the director of retail operations and marketing. The first Starbucks with the current coffee house look and feel was opened in 1984 in downtown Seattle.
Starbucks Coffee Headquarters:
The Starbucks headquarters are still located in Seattle, WA.
Starbucks Coffee Mission Statement:
“Our mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.”
With our partners, our coffee and our customers at our core, we live these values:
- Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome.
- Acting with courage, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
- Being present, connecting with transparency, dignity and respect.
- Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
We are performance driven, through the lens of humanity.”
- Every store is part of a community, and we take our corporate social responsibility to be good neighbors and the Starbucks mission statement seriously. We’re committed to offering high-quality, ethically sourced, fair trade and responsibly produced products.
- Ethical Sourcing
- We’re committed to offering high-quality, ethically purchased and responsibly produced products.
- Minimizing our environmental footprint and inspiring others to do the same.
- Global Responsibility Report
- Learn more about our goals and performance in the area of sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
Let’s look at some of Starbuck’s more recent strategic decisions, and evaluate them in terms of strategic planning.
Starbucks open first store in Italy
Starbucks with a wine list
sustainable business = palm oil
low carbon business
Starbucks loyalty program
Starbucks buy coffee machine manufacturer
Starbucks buy coffee plantation
Starbuck’s management strategy
- Be the undisputed coffee authority;
- Engage and inspire our partners;
- Ignite the emotional attachment with our customers;
- Expand our global presence—while making each store the heart of a local neighborhood;
- Be a leader in ethical sourcing and environmental impact;
- Creative innovation growth platforms worthy of our coffee;
- Deliver a sustainable economic model.