Individual Project – Consumption Journal
The Mid Term Project
set: 8 November 2016 due: 24 November 2016
in class time: 17 November 2016 is for you make your analysis and to prepare your report
ie. There is no formal class this week
For the following week you will keep a diary of consumption activity. This should primarily be your own consumption, but you could observe others, as well. Include EVERYTHING you purchase, from morning to evening.
You will make a full week’s entry, day by day, as part of your report.
The objective of this assignment is for you to develop a reflective and evaluative approach to your own consumption. The approach is interpretive, similar to an anthropologist’s fieldwork diary. Reflecting on your own personal consumption should help you to put yourself in the place of other consumers.
Consumption can cover actual real life consumption, as well as activities online that do not conclude with a purchase.
Consumer behavior concepts from our class, as well as extra readings should be applied to help you interpret and analyze the experience or observation.
Each entry should comprise:
- A description of the experience. You may want to include copies of the advertisements or promotions seen. Use your smartphone to take photos in store.
- Analysis – Analyze what you think is happening. For example, how does the behaviour fit (or not) with the concepts and theories discussed in class?
- Pay particular attention to the theory on
- segmentation, targeting and positioning
- consumer motivation and personality
- consumer perception
- consumer learning.
- consumer attitude formation and change
Once the week is finished, make your analysis, and email your report to your instructor email@example.com
Remember to add your student number and name at the top of your report.